Trout (Tirthan River)
Himachal Pradesh has a number of good spots for trout fishing. The itinerary given here is for angling in the Tirthan river at Larji and Bathad.
Delhi - Kullu - Bathad - Kullu - Delhi
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 : Delhi - Kullu - Larji
- Catch the morning flight from Delhi to Kullu. Drive to Larji (approx 40 km - 1 ½ hrs). Lunch. Fish in the Tirthan River for Brown Trout on fly and spoon.
- Overnight in Camp / Tourist Bungalow.
Day 2 : Larji - Bathad - Camp
- After breakfast drive along the Tirthan for another 40 km via Banjar & Gushaini to Bathad. Lunch enroute. Road ends at Bathad. Walk about 1-2 hrs to camp site. Fish.
- Overnight in camp / tourist bungalow.
Day 3: Fish
Day 4: Fish
Day 5 : Camp - Bathad - Kullu
- After early morning fishing, and breakfast walk back to Bathad. Drive to Kullu. Lunch, rafting / sightseeing.
- Overnight in Camp.
Day 6 : Kullu - Delhi
- Departure Kullu by flight to Delhi.