Mystic Arunachal Safari, Bomdila - Tawang
Arunachal Pradesh has perhaps the widest diversity of habitats of any of South Asia's major areas. The parks 1800 sq. Kms rise from 650 feet to 15,000 feet above sea level and the forest ranges from evergreen tropical forests through mixed deciduous forest and temperate alpine forests at the upper reaches. Hard access to this area has helped a lot in preserving the biosphere. This also happens to be the eastern limit of the Indian tiger.
New Delhi - Guwahati - Bhalupong - Dirang - Tawang - Zimithang - Tawang - Bomdila - Tipi - Tezpur - Guwahati - Delhi
Day by Day Itinerary
DAY 01 : DELHI – GUWAHATI
- Transfer to the airport in time for connecting flight to Guwahati. Departure Delhi at 0845 hours. Arrival Guwahati at 1200 hours. Meeting and assistance upon arrival at Guwahati. Transfer to Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok or similar. Lunch at hotel. Evening proceed for a visit to Kamakhya Devi Temple. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 02 : GUWAHATI – BHALUKPONG
- After breakfast in hotel drive to Bhalukpong, the sylvan paradise in Arunachal Pradesh (250kms / 6hrs). En-route lunch at Tezpur. Check into hotel upon arrival. Evening visit one of Asia’s largest Orchidium which houses over 450 rare orchids out of 1000 found in India. The snow-fed Kameng River flows alongside. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 03 : BHALUKPONG – DIRANG
- After an early breakfast in hotel drive to Dirang, the picturesque Monpa Valley (8600ft) (137kms / 5-6hrs). Packed lunch will be provided en-route. Lunch halt at the scenic Dedza viewpoint. Check into Hotel / Rest House upon arrival at Dirang. Evening sightseeing in and around Dirang. Visit the Hot water spring, Regional sheep farm, Sangti and Yak Research Center if time permits. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 04 : DIRANG - TAWANG
- Breakfast in hotel. Later drive to Tawang (145kms / 6hrs) crossing the Se La Pass (14000 ft). Stop to view the Paradise Lake at the Pass. From Se La the road winds down to Tawang. Situated at a height of 10020 ft, It is the land of the Monpa tribes and a major center of the Mahayana Buddhism. Packed lunch will be provided. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 05 : TAWANG Sight Seeing
- Full day city sightseeing tour of Tawang. Visit the famous Tawang Monastery, which is 400 years old, accommodates over 500 monks and houses priceless Buddhist texts and scriptures. The Tibetan influence here is unmistakable, with the elaborately painted wooden windows and other motifs. Prayer flags flutter in the breeze and inside, the monks light lamps and drone in joint prayer. An 8mt high gilded statue of the Buddha is seated here, as are numerous ancient Thankas or traditional paintings and manuscripts. Also visit the Craft Center and traditional Monpa Village. Lunch at hotel. Evening free for shopping at the local market. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 06 07 : TAWANG – ZIMITHANG – TAWANG
- Breakfast in hotel. Full day excursion to Zimithang via Sangstar Lake. Lunch (packed) at Zimithang. View the 300 year old Stupa. Later drive back to Tawang. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 08 : TAWANG – BOMDILA
- After an early breakfast in hotel drive to Bomdila (8000 ft) (180kms / 5hrs drive). En-route visit 1962 Indo-China War Memorial at Jaswantgarh. You get to see snow-clad peaks on the way, namely Kangto (7090 mt), Nyegi Kangsang (7050 Mt), Gorichen (6488 Mt). Packed lunch will be provided. Check into hotel upon arrival in Bomdila. Evening at leisure. Optional visit to the local Gompas. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 09 : BOMDILA – TIPI – TEZPUR
- After breakfast drive to Tezpur (210kms / 6hrs) en-route visiting the Orchid Center at Tipi. It houses over 7500 orchids. On display are some of the finest species with names like the Dainty Lady’s Slipper or the more formal sounding Dendrobium. Lunch halt at Tipi. Continue drive to Tezpur. Check into Hotel Durba or similar upon arrival. Evening city sightseeing tour of Tezpur. Tezpur, also known, as ‘The City of Blood’ is a city steeped in mythology, legend and folklore. Situated on the north bank of Brahmaputra, this town of magnificent scenic beauty and exquisite archeological ruins is the head quarter of Sonitpur District. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 10 : TEZPUR – GUWAHATI
- Breakfast in hotel. Later drive to Guwahati (181kms / 4hrs). Check into Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok or similar upon arrival. Lunch in hotel. Evening city sightseeing tour of Guwahati. Visit the State Museum, Umananda Temple and Kalakshetra. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 11 : GUWAHATI – DELHI
- Breakfast in hotel. Transfer to the airport in time for connecting flight IC 879 to Delhi. Departure Guwahati at 1235 hours. Arrival Delhi at 1500 hours