Malana Village Trek
This is a very popular trek out of Manali in the Kullu Valley. Four days take you through alpine forests, stunning Himalayan scenery and the ancient lost village of Malana. There is a beautiful pass called the Chandrakhani Pass on the third day of the trek. This is an ideal trek around Manali for tourists who have only a few days and prefer shorter hikes to longer treks. Malana Village is surrounded with a lot of mystery and the inhabitants are said to be descendants of Alexanders Soldiers who settled here centuries ago.
Delhi - Manali - Nagar - Rumsu - Chandrakhani Pass - Malana - Rashol Pass - Kasol - Bhuntar - New Delhi
Day by Day Itinerary
DAY 01: Arrive Delhi
- Arrive Delhi. Meeting and assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 02: Delhi-Manali (14 hrs, 550 kms)
- Drive from Delhi to Manali in the Kullu Valley by car or luxury coach. Check into hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 03: Manali -Nagar-Rumsu (3 hrs)
- Drive from Manali to Nagar after an early breakfast. Trek through the pine forest to a little beyond the village at Rumsu (2060 Mts.). Camp in a lush green meadow.
DAY 04: Rumsu-Chandrakhani Pass Base (5-6 hrs)
- The trek to the base of the Chandrakhani Pass (3650 Mts.) . The trek passes through thick forests and green meadows.
- Overnight in tents.
DAY 05: Base Camp-Chandrakhani Pass-Malana (7-8 hrs)
- Trek over the Chandrakhani Pass. Enjoy the panorama and trek down to Malana. Overnight in tents.
DAY 06: Malana-Rashol Pass-Kasol (7-8 hrs)
- From Malana ascend steeply to the top of the Rashol Pass (3260 Mts.) and then down to Rashol Village and Kasol. Overnight at the best hotel in Kasol. Accommodation in Kasol is quite basic but clean.
DAY 07: Kasol-Bhuntar-New Delhi
- Drive from Kasol to Bhuntar after lunch. Take an overnight luxury coach from Bhuntar to New Delhi.
DAY 08: Arrive Delhi
- Arrive Delhi in the morning and transfer to hotel. Late evening transfer to international airport for your flight to onward destination.
DAY 09: Depart Delhi