| Little Tibet Safari from Kashmir to Ladakh
This 09 days safari covers the best of Kashmir and Ladakh starting at Srinagar and finishing at Leh. Rated as one of the most scenic drives in the world, the route is definitely a must do.
The Mughals aptly called Kashmir "Paradise on Earth". Its capital Srinagar, is located in the heart of the Kashmir valley, and is spread on both sides of the river Jhelum.
The Dal and Nagin Lakes enhance its picturesque setting, while the changing play of the seasons, and the salubrious climate ensure that the city is equally attractive to visitors all year round.
Kargil - For centuries, Kargil has been an important junction on the old-world trade routes from India to Central Asia and Tibet. It is an important base for exploring the surrounding mountains of Zanskar. Kargil is 204 Kms from Srinagar and 230 Kms from Leh. Lamayuru is the oldest monastic site in Ladakh. The site is believed to have been a shrine of the pre Buddhist religion called Bon-Po.
Uleytokpo - Uleytokpo in Ladakh is one of the well known trekking bases and camping in Ulleytokpo is considered one of the most beautiful experiences, amidst the snow draped mountains.
Leh - The defiant beauty of Leh's barren landscape, its unique flora and fauna, its culture, its clear blue skies and clean air has led travelers to call it "the land where snow never melts and only corn ripens". The safari then covers Sarchu, Jispa and Manali.
New Delhi - Srinagar - Kargil - Uletokpo - Leh - Delhi
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive Srinagar
- Arrival at Srinagar airport & transfer to houseboat. Evening at leisure
- Dinner & overnight in houseboat.
Day 02: Srinagar - Gulmarg- Srinagar
- After breakfast start for a day trip to Gulmarg “meadow of flowers”, drive about 2hrs. Upon arrival explore the picturesque Gulmarg (2730m), you can enjoy pony ride or Gondola ride (rope way) and later retrace to Srinagar.
- Dinner & overnight in houseboat.
Day 03: Sightseeing in and around Srinagar, drive to Sonmarg.
- An early morning wake up call followed by a cozy Shikara ride to the famous floating vegetable market of Dal Lake. We will slowly float and sip our tea as we move through the early morning hustle of loud bargaining and deals being closed before the locals disperse with their daily grocery shopping.
Post breakfast, we will do sightseeing of Mughal gardens; visiting Nishat & Shalimar garden. Post which drive to Sonmarg. meadows of gold".
- Overnight in hotel at Sonmarg.
Day 04: Sonmarg - Kargil - Uleytokpo
- Start the breathtaking drive towards Uleytokpo crossing Zoji la Pass (3529 meters / 11645 feet). Travel across Drass (supposedly the second coldest inhabited place in the world).. You can view the infamous war peaks of Tiger Hill, situated on the banks of river Sru at a height of 9,000 feet. We will also drive over the barren terrain via Namik-La (3760m) and Fotu-La Pass (4147m). En route visit the giant Maitreya at Mulbekh, Suru Valley (Mulbekh Chamba is a 9 metre high rock sculpture), the lunar landscapes.
- Dinner and overnight at Uleytokpo.
Day 05: Uletokpo - Leh
- Morning drive to Leh (3hrs.), en route visit the 1000-year-old Alchi temple, Sangam (confluence of Indus & Zanskar River), Gurudwara Patthar Sahib and Magnetic hill.
Arrive Leh (3,505m/ 11,500ft.) and check-in to hotel for overnight.
Day 06: Sight seeing in Leh
- We spend the day in exploring the local sights of Leh.
Hemis Monastery: Hidden in a gorge, built on a green hillside the Hemis Gompa lies on the western bank of the Indus, also happens to be the biggest and wealthiest monastery in Ladakh and is a must for visitors. It holds the annual Hemis Festival and is well known for its wall paintings.
Thiksey Monastery: Thiksey Gompa is the most beautiful of all monasteries in Ladakh which lies on a hilltop to north of Indus River. The monastery is home to a 35ft Buddha statue, a must visit.
Shey: Situated on a hillock 15 km. upstream from Leh was once the residence of the royal family. According to tradition, it was the seat of power of the pre-Tidetan kings. A 7.5 meter high copper status of Buddha, plated with gold and the largest of its kind is installed here.
- Dinner and overnight at Leh.
Day 07: Leh - Nubra valley 135km
- After Breakfast drive to Nubra Valley via Khardungla (Highest Motorable road in the World, 18,380 ft) with packed lunch. On arrival check in your camp at Hundar. Afternoon enjoy the beauty of sand dune and double hump camel ride.
- Dinner and overnight at camp.
Day 08: Nubra valley - Leh
- Enjoy your stay in Nubra valley. Post lunch, we will depart for our journey back to Leh.
- Dinner and overnight in hotel at Leh.
Day 09: Leh - Delhi
- Post breakfast, transfer to aiprot for your onwards journey.
Extension: 2 Nights / 3 Days
Day 09: Leh - Pangong Tso
- Make an early start and drive east of Leh via Chang-la Mountain Pass (18,000ft / 5,475m) to Pangong Lake, (4267m / 14000ft.), 145kms / 5 hours one way. The views all around Chang La are simply spectacular. Mesmerizing vistas with the changing hues of the waters of the lovely lake.
Overnight in deluxe tents.
Day 10: Pangong Tso - Leh
- The next day’s journey is basically a retracing of the route to Pangong Tso although it begins upto which tourists are permitted. Spangmik and its surrounding villages are a home to a small population of nomadic Chang-pa, a race endemic to South East Ladakh and Tibet.
- Overnight in hotel at Leh.
Day 11: Fly out
- Post breakfast, transfer to airport for your onwards journey.
- Please note that any third party cancellation charges such as hotel bookings, transport, equipment rental, instructors etc would be solely borne by the client in addition to our cancellation charges..
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
- MHE reserves the right to change or modify the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances. If any costs increase due to this change, the client will be asked to pay the additional amount on the spot.
- From confirmation up to 10 days prior to departure:10%
- 9 - 7 days prior to departure: 30%
- 6 days - 48 hours prior to departure: 75%
- Less than 48 hrs. or no show : 100%