Ganga Rafting Expedition : Ganga River
three day self contained rafting adventure, which carries all gear on the rafts and gives you the feeling of complete wilderness and discovery of a great river and itís valley. You start from the confluence of the Bahagirathi and Alaknanda at the spot where the river actually starts to be called the Ganga. We camp on pristine beaches where you may help to set up camp and even cook if the mood takes, our team provides great meals under the stars. It is a lovely trip for those who feel like experiencing wilderness travel in all itís glorious aspects.
Delhi - Shivpuri - Devprayag -Byas Ghat - Byasi - Shiv Puri - NIM Beach - Delhi
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01 : Drive from Shivpuri Ė Devprayag, Raft down to Byas ghat, overnight in expedition Tents
- Arrive at Aaaranyya (Forest Lodge) in Shivpuri early morning for wash and change followed by breakfast.
- After breakfast drive to Devprayag, find the rafts parked on the river below the bridge. See the confluence above you and the merging of the colours of the two rivers. Get ready and be introduced to the raft guides while having your packed lunch. Load personal kit onto the rafts and embark on your wonderful adventure.
- Today is a introductory section, tackling Grade 2 and 3 rapids. Arriving at the beach in Byas Ghat we set up camp for a hot cup of tea, campfire and dinner.
- Overnight in expedition tents on twin share basis.
Day 02 : Raft Down from Byas Ghat to Byasi
- A lovely day, with plenty of paddling and time to swim, take in the scenery of the gorge section, spot birds, tell stories and enjoy your continued float down the grand river.
- The action starts from Kaudiyala, where you will start by hitting Daniel's Dip and end the day on a high by going through the massive Wall. (Please note, this is not always raftable and you may be walking around it, depending on water level and the guides decision.)
- Dinner and overnight in expedition tents on twin share basis.
Day 03 : Raft from Byasi to NIM Beach, Overnight train to Delhi
- Start rafting after breakfast and hit a series of rapids like the Cash Flow, Black Money, Three Blind Mice, Cross Fire and Return to Sender.
- We arrive in time for an early lunch at the MHE Beach camp before getting back on the river for the final section of whitewater, and exciting 2 hour stretch hitting rapids like the Golf Course and the Roller Coaster with a break for cliff jumping.
- Return to Aaranyya (Forest Lodge) in Shivpuri followed by a buffet dinner, Post dinner proceeds to board your overnight train.
- 2 nights accommodation in expedition tents on twin share.
- All meals from breakfast on day 01 to Dinner on Day 03
- Camping equipment like trekking tents, toilet tent, mattresses and meal arrangements.
- Rafting equipment, professional river guides and backup safety kayak
- Transportation from Shivpuri to Devprayag on Day 01 and From NIM beach to Shivpuri on Day 03.
- 3.09% service tax
- Expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Medical or travel insurance
- 100% to be paid for confirmation
- Please note that any third party cancellation charges such as hotel bookings, transport, equipment rental, instructors etc would be solely borne by the client in addition to our cancellation charges..
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
- MHE reserves the right to change or modify the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances. If any costs increase due to this change, the client will be asked to pay the additional amount on the spot.
- From confirmation up to 10 days prior to departure:10%
- 9 - 7 days prior to departure: 30%
- 6 days - 48 hours prior to departure: 75%
- Less than 48 hrs. or no show : 100%
Call us on 011 23346209 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercury Himalayan Explorations, www.himalayanadventure.com