Raft down the Tons
A cool breeze whistling through dense Pine forests, while you snuggle up in a chair sipping a mug of piping hot coffee. “Hard Forward” shouts your river guide as you paddle through a series of adrenaline pumping rapids down the Tons. The cold spring water jolts you awake as you dive into the gentle pool below a waterfall.
All this and much more at the MHE Tons River Camp. The Tons River drains the Har Ki Dun valley and is the largest tributary of the Yamuna. The MHE camp enjoys an exclusive location just 2 Kms. beyond the Himalayan hamlet of Mori.
An ideal summer destination from Delhi, the MHE Tons River Camp offers something for all. Our trips range from 3 – 10 days combining a breathtaking variety of adventures.
Total distance from Delhi 409 Kms.
Delhi - Dehradun - Mussoorie (286 kms.) Kempty Falls - Yamuna Bridge – Nainbagh (41 kms) -
Nowgaon (84 kms) - Purola (19 kms) - Mori (35 kms) – MHE Tons River Camp (2 kms).
The camp is situated along the banks of the river Tons. It is surrounded by thick pine scented forests that are home to over 200 different kinds of birds like Minivets, Flycatchers, Orioles, Hornb.
The camp also acts as a base for many adventure activities like river rafting, rock climbing, kayaking, Burma-bridge, flying fox, beach volleyball, rappelling, treks, nature walks, birding watching, mountain biking, trampoline jumping, cliff jumping, team games, orienteering, star gazing and much more.
MHE Family Getaways
On offer are great family getaways with well thought out comforts and a host of activities for one and all. Special child handlers are available on request in the camp to look after children while the adults try our other activities.
Corporate Training Programs
MHE’s corporate training division specializes in conducting outdoor conferences and HRD training programs for our discerning clients. The corporate courses are designed to work towards the final goal of developing team spirit, enhancing communication skills and building trust amongst colleagues. A qualified management faculty ensures a result-based workshop to suit specific corporate needs. Specific team games, activities and conference arrangements are outlined separately.
Accommodation and Staff
Our own manufacturing unit has specially designed the tents.
The sleeping area is approx. 100 sq. feet with a canopy in front providing a 5 X 5 feet verandah and a small attached changing area at the rear. All tents are provided with twin beds with crisp linen, two easy chairs in front and the inside furnishings like a bedside table and a clothes.
MHE tents are the only ones that offer attached ground sheets to protect sand and insects from entering the tent.
- Showers & WCs
In accordance with strict environmental guidelines which we practice, we have designed special dry pit WCs with a “Sand Flush” system. This is a clean hygienic and environmentally safe system. These facilities are setup in accordance with the environment guidelines laid down by the Government of Uttaranchal. Our shower tents offer both hot and cold running water.
We believe in home cooked, sumptuous meals with a varied choice
of Indian, Chinese and continental cuisines. Personal requests if any, can be catered to.
Our team of highly experienced guides, cooks and management have spared no efforts to make the camp a very comfortable and fun place to be. MHE guides are highly trained professionals and use the latest techniques and equipment. Safety forms the basis for all our programs and utmost care is taken to ensure safe practices at all levels.
- The Green Team
The camp staff and guides and even our guests are required to adhere to strict environmental guidelines and live up our policy of “minimum impact and maximum experience”.
May - June
You can go by road in your vehicle. From Delhi it will take you about 10 hours (409 kms) As you reach Mori, you would come to a road barrier (Forest Dept.) From here continue straight ahead towards Khoonigad. You will find the MHE Tons River Camp on the right hand side after 2kms. (Please do not turn to the Mori village for which there is a right turn at the barrier
- We can book a train ticket from Delhi to Haridwar and from there a vehicle could be arranged to take you on to the camp. (Approx. 04 hours by train and 01 hour by road).
- For group of 10 - 15 or more, a coach can be arranged to take you from Delhi to the Camp (Approx. 06 - 07 hrs drive).
Over Night Trains
- Mussoorie Express
Delhi – Haridwar (Dep: 2215 Arr: 0535 next day) Haridwar – Delhi (Dep: 2320 Arr: 0700 Next day)
1st Class AC Sleeper : R 926 per person each way
2nd Class AC Sleeper : R 546 per person each way
- Nizammudin Dehradun Express
Delhi – Haridwar (Dep: 2305 Arr: 0400 next day) Haridwar – Delhi (Dep: 1025 Arr: 1440 )
2nd Class AC Sleeper : R 515 per person each way
Flights from Delhi
The Jolly Grant airport near Dehradun is 27 kms from Shivpuri. Air Deccan operates 2 daily flights between Delhi and Dehradun.
Delhi - Dehradun
Dehradun - Delhi
- Departure 5.45 am Arrival 6.45 am
- Departure 4.00 pm Arrival 5.00 pm
- Departure 7.05 am Arrival 8.05 am
- Departure 5.20 pm Arrival 6.20 pm
- Only 27 seater coaches are allowed in Hill regions of Uttaranchal
- Booking charges of R 100 per person each way will be charged extra for the train tickets.
Adventure gear list for MHE trips
- Shorts / tights for rafting and trekking
- Swimming trunks / Costumes
- Sun Hat / Cap
- Track Pant
- Light Woolens for evenings
- Sports shoes for trekking
- Sport Shoes/Floaters/River Sandals with ankle straps for Rafting.
- Sun Glasses
- Sun Glass / spectacle retainers / Croakees
- Thermal underwear recommended for winter months (December, January, February)
- Water proof Sun Block lotion.
- Personal First Aid Kit. (Also available in camp)
- Personal Toiletries.
- Camera and film.
- Binoculars (recommended).
- And most important: A sense of adventure.
Please bring not more than one bag per person. Do not bring hard suitcases and carry only soft bags.
Terms and conditions on bookings and payment
- Bookings are made at the MHE office in Delhi.
- 50% non-refundable advance deposit is required to confirm a booking.
- The balance is payable 1 week before trip date.
- We accept cash, Delhi cheques / bank drafts in favor of: Mercury Himalayan Exploration Ltd. New Delhi.
- Cancellation fee is
100%, if cancelled within 1 week of the trip date.
50%, if cancelled before 1 week of the trip
- Minimum age 12 years for rafting. Children below this age may raft, but would only be taken at the discretion of their river guide on the calm, quieter stretches accompanied by parent / guardians.
- The itinerary may vary slightly, depending on the existing water levels and your guide’s discretion
- Children under 12 years, who wish to do the adult raft trip, would need to get an OK from the MHE personnel, who take the decision based on the height & weight ratio for safety. Younger children can do a calmer trip down river, as well as kayaking; volleyball, Frisbee, Rock-climbing, Rappelling, swimming Burma Bridge, Flying Fox and even hikes into the surrounding forest can be arranged with prior notice. A day in camp is rounded off with a campfire and a leisurely evening with your fellow rafters.
- It is up to the individual to arrange their own holiday / accident insurance & each adult would be asked to sign a liability waiver